The AURA Story
The idea behind the AURA began in 2008, after news that our childhood friend had been involved in a serious car accident. Upon further investigation, he was found to be driving under the influence of alcohol (DUI) while on his way home from a nightclub. Like so many others, this was a person we knew to be educated, responsible, and full of promise. How could something like this happen to someone like him? How could he not have known better? Unfortunately, the reality is that it could happen to anyone.
Being constantly exposed to the LA/Hollywood nightlife scene, we are well aware that image and public perception have historically deterred the public and widespread use of personal breathalyzers. We quickly found that existing designs for personal breathalyzers were primarily focused on functionality/accuracy rather than aesthetics or fashion.
Aiming to turn tragedy into inspiration, we set out to overcome this obstacle by designing a fashionable, yet precise breathalyzer people would want to actively promote.
We leveraged our background in fashion and product development with leading-edge technology to create a chic, groundbreaking breathalyzer with the unique ability to positively change perception through design.
Highlights of the AURA:
- Electrochemical FUEL CELL sensor technology — the same technology found in hand-held devices used by LAW ENFORCEMENT and in ignition-interlock systems for cars — ensures precise BAC measurements
- Unique halo-inspired design embodies the protective aura and peace of mind only breathalyzers can offer
- Ergonomic shape facilitates one-handed use and convenient storage within coin pockets and clutches
- Sleek, scratch-resistant polycarbonate screen with eye-catching LED display, including 6 color theme options
- Precision-brushed stainless steel backplate provides exceptional durability, along with a luxurious look and feel